Thursday, February 7, 2013

Martina McBride

mmb2.jpg
 Grammy winning recording artist Martina McBride joins TODAY’s Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb to promote breast cancer awareness and her emotional new song about the disease “I’m going to love you through it.”
http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/49568842#49568842
When I worked on my song “I’m Gonna Love You Through It,” I got to meet a bunch of cancer survivors and their families, friends and supporters. It really had an impact on me and I made a connection and just wanted to do something to give back and make a difference. Then this opportunity came up with General Mills, and I had worked with them before, so I thought it was a great, simple way to give back.
So you’re now involved with this campaign that fights cancer, and your song has really become an anthem for those battling cancer. Is this a cause that’s close to you?
I think it’s a really important cause and it affects so many people. I didn’t write the song myself, but when I first heard it, I felt really moved by it and it wasn’t like anything I had ever heard before. I felt like it was really inspiring and that’s what I try to do with my music. I felt like this could inspire at least one person. 
Here is the link to hear the song!
 
Cancer_patient : Breast cancer survivor undergoing chemotherapy and loss of hair. Real woman, diagnosed with breast cancer and ovarian cancer. Isolated over white background.
 
Jeremiah 30:17
And I shall restore you to health, says the Lord and I will heal ALL your wounds.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment