Thursday, February 28, 2013

Grateful; Thankful; Humbled

grate·ful
adj.
1. Appreciative of benefits received; thankful.
2. Expressing gratitude.
3. Affording pleasure or comfort; agreeable.

 
thank·ful
adj.
1. Aware and appreciative of a benefit; grateful.
2. Expressive of gratitude: a thankful smile.

hum·ble
adj.
1. Marked by meekness or modesty in behavior, attitude, or spirit; not arrogant or prideful.
2. Showing deferential or submissive respect: a humble apology.
3. Low in rank, quality, or station; unpretentious or lowly.
tr.v. hum·bled, hum·bling, hum·bles
1. To curtail or destroy the pride of; humiliate.
2. To cause to be meek or modest in spirit.
3. To give a lower condition or station to; abase. See Synonyms at degrade.


Dear Family and Friends,
Today I rejoice in the news that I am Cancer Free! I am geniunely grateful and forever thankful, first to our Lord and secondly to all of you who have diligently prayed on my behalf. Words cannot express this emotion and the joy it brings to my life. So today, I patiently await my post-op appointment with my surgeon on March 5, to hear the words directly from her and see the pathology report with my own eyes.

It is amazing how nothing in the world matters if you don't have your health. Health is the root to our everyday lives. So many of us take this for granted. It is not something we think about if we are not faced with an issue. I challenge you to be more conscience of your health. Take necessary steps to combat issues before they arise. Every day is a gift from God. Rejoice and be happy in it! Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day!

I am humbled and blessed to have been given a "get out of Chemo" free card. Not everyone is so fortunate. Please continue to pray for those less fortunate and who are on the Chemo path. My journey has hit a fork in the road and my path has been blessed by God. He has plans for me, for my life, to serve Him in every way the best that I can, the only way I know how.

Thank you all again. I am grateful, thankful and humbled.

Love,
JODI

I Peter 5:6-7 - Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time. Casting all your cares upon him, for he cares for you.


 
 

1 comment:

  1. Jodi - what a blessing to be cancer free! I am so happy for you and thankful that our prayers have been answered. You hang in there, girlie, and we will get the group together when you feel up to it!

    ReplyDelete