Sunday, February 24, 2013

Post Surgery

I don't have a lot of information to pass on at this point. I know that the doctor during surgery took 2-3 lymph nodes and told my parents that she thought they looked good. They have been sent to pathology and I should get a report in about a week or so. I personally feel that the cancer has not spread.

There are 2 drains coming out from underneath my arms to remove fluid that continues to build up. This is normal after surgery. I must empty them 3-4 times a day and measure the amount of fluid collected. The drains will remain in until my post-op appointment with the surgeon on March 5. Unfortunately, I am told with the drains in I must not drive.

I continue to take my pain meds every four hours along with the ibuprofen. I am getting a lot of rest and my family is taking great care of me!

Enjoy the pictures of Pink Day! Thank you to all who participated. My heartfelt appreciation is extended to everyone.

Left to Right: Jana, Janelle, Jodi

Isaiah 58:8 - Then your light shall break forth like the morning, your healing shall spring forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment