Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pandora Internet Radio

In 2 Chronicles 20, the story is told of Jehoshaphat and multiple armies that are on their way to attack Judah. It is a battle that is impossible to win. There are too many on the opposing armies.

Jehoshaphat calls all the men, women and children of Judah together and a young man named Jahaziel stands before them and says something like: "Hey everybody, don't worry about this....God has it. We don't understand or know how, but tomorrow I want you to march out, take your places, and then stand STILL and watch what the Lord will do."

The next day, the people gather and Jehoshaphat makes the decision that will be the catalyst for my update today....He consults the people and then he says "pick a bunch of singers and musicians and put them on the front line."

WHAT? In verse 21, he literally says "pick a bunch of people who can sing and play and put them in the front of the army. Here's what I want them to say: 'Give thanks to the Lord, His love endures forever.' "

And then an AWESOME thing happens. As they go into battle, God sets ambushes all over the battlefield. The army of Judah wins the battle! Not one of the enemy escapes. The Bible says that God gave Jehoshaphat peace on every side. That's what I would like!

Today, I set my laptop to Pandora and made sure that praise music is playing in my house. I have done it all along, but I will sing praises day in and day out. They are soothing to my soul. I set my iphone to Pandora and have it in my pocket as I take Deacon for his daily walks. It is played everywhere.

Choose Hillsong, Paul Baloche, Matt Redman, Kari Jobe, Chris Tomlin (his new song The God of Angel Armies), Third Day, Amy Grant, Casting Crowns, Selah, Sandi Patty, Jeremy Camp, Point of Grace, Michael W. Smith, Steven Curtis Chapman, MercyMe, 4Him and many others.

I will play praise music. I will put it on the front line. I will be shameless about it when there are others around me. I will stand and see the salvation of the one who created me in the first place. He will set the ambush....on this disease process and on the sickness. And he will give me peace on all sides.

As the next few weeks slowly roll by until the anticipated surgery date of February 20, I encourage you to set your electronic devices to Pandora and make sure the praise music is playing. I have Pandora on my work computer every day (it is free), but wish for everyone to be more vigilant about it. Please join me today in putting praise music on in every home, car, office, class and gathering. Put it on the front line. Sing it yourself. It's the shield that the army of Judah used....I figure it will work for me!
www.pandora.com Pandora

God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. I listen to Pandora and their Christian Contemporary Station when I can...Such a good feeling this station gives me!!!

    ReplyDelete