Thursday, February 21, 2013

PINK Angels






I heard a great story from my kids yesterday about Aunt Jodi....prior to her surgery, I gave Jodi some little pink paper angels that had the words from Francesca Battistelli's song "Angel By Your Side" written on them.  Jodi put one in her sock before surgery and when she "came to" after surgery, she pulled it out of her sock in front of the whole family!!

She has given some of these little angels to others who she has encountered in the hospital who also have cancer. Way to spread some PINK hope, Jodi!

I’ll be the angel by your side
I will get you through the night
I’ll be the strength you can’t provide on your own
‘Cause when you’re down and out of time
And you think you’ve lost the fight
Let me be the angel
The angel by your side
Today I saw Jodi around the lunch hour and she is doing well....she was still waiting to talk to her doctor, and we know that she will be there at least one more day while they monitor her pain and her post-op vitals.  She said that she has gotten a TON of messages from you on FaceBook, E-mail and texts.....thanks!  Sometimes the electronic devices in the hospital don't get good reception AND she is checked on so often by the medical staff that she is way behind in reading and responding to all of you. BUT she is very appreciative of everyone's prayers, support, and PINK spirit!

If at any time you want to know more or ask questions,  feel free to E-mail me and I'd be happy to fill you in or answer questions:  robinvp@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment